• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА на русском языке!

Give me my settings......

Discussion in 'Sorex Pro' started by MrBeasley, Sep 29, 2016.

1. MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    Ok, so I have talked about Mars 14khz coil and problems with high one way pings in the swing, and I have had some good advice thank you. Reducing menu gain to 2 probably not the best idea last time by me. So, a larger coil that gives high pings, now you tell me how you would set up to use this. What would be your starting thoughts and best shot at running a good quality program without the high tone pings. Grateful for your advice.

Sens?
    Gain?
    Threshold?
    Gs Filter?
    MM/MSF?
    Economy?
    A Gain?
    Discrim?

Give me your numbers please

2. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    First you need to understand what causes high one way pings.

Conductive ground? Then play with GS Filter and low down settings. If it doesn't help then switch to lower frequency.

Wrong GB and how to check if GB is right has already been reviewed.

Mineralized ground? Gain on lower and Sensitivity/Threshold on higher

3. vint1

vint1 AKA Master Supporter

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    12.9. 3khz , i use , gain 6 , sens 14, thes 12, msf , gs 4 or 5 , emi , 2 , econ ON , good ground balance , its all about testing and playing around , swing proper , i swing a bit slower , all depends on the grounds , my test bed is very high minerals , still get a £1 coin at 12.5 inch no falsing , disc 26 , lt 26 , iam still learning mt and testing , i do have a good idea now what iam doing , lol vinny

4. TS
    TS
    MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    Thanks Vin, that's helpful and it's painting a picture. My 7khz cannot be set as high as your settings but it can be set higher than the 14khz. Seems there's something of a simple line here, higher frequencies mean more reduced machine settings. But, does this simply turn 14khz into a shallow searcher? I don't want to switch coils until I know how to set this one up the best it can be and that's going to take a bit more time. My soil is very average farm land, the odd patches where the iron increases and mostly fine when youy away from the edges of the fields, and there is no issue with mineralization it's typical UK.

5. TS
    TS
    MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    Ok so this afternoon I WAS able to run the Sorex with the Mars 14khz a little better. Here is what worked well.

Gain 3
    A-Gain around 4
    Threshold 8
    GS Filter 8
    Sensitivity 12
    MM or MSF
    Economy on

With the GSF up it seemed to allow me to increase sensitivity. Any increase in sens or the Gain from these settings and the high one way false pings got too much. But these setting were higher than previously. I do think that one big difference was the dryer soil. On the last hunt I went out straight after some fairly heavy rain and it seems to make sense that this was causing the coil some trouble. It was the only difference in the search conditions. I dare say that if it's wet, the sens will have to drop for this coil.

Today on these settings I buried one of those cow tubes and 9 inches and it gave a 2 way dig signal, small but it was there. As an experiment I put up the Gain to 5 and the signal became scrambled and messy, so gain of three was actually clearer on this target at 9 inches.

6. vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    good mt , just play around , up your thresh a little 1 or 2 behind sens setting , gb must be spot on ,,, in the wet , i will run 3 or 7 khz ... vinny

7. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    It's conductive grounds. Set GS Filter on higher and Gain on lower - those are yr tools to suppress falsings. Start hunting with 12 kHz, 7 kHz or even 3 kHz coils if you want to keep Gain on higher

8. vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    what size coil mt
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2016 ---
    such is right ,, keep testing and patience ,,, im getting there

9. TS
    TS
    MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    It's 13x10 at 14khz. I never realised the 14khz would make such a difference. It feels like I have made a mistake getting this coil if I need higher GSF and less gain. Maybe if I wanted a larger coil I should have gone 5 or 3khz?

What search conditions would best suit the 10x13 14khz coil?

10. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Dry soil/light & extra light non conductive grounds

11. TS
    TS
    MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    Dry soil, in Britain? Does anyone want to buy a coil :Lol:

12. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    I recognize the moan that happen in Russia every Spring :Prank:

13. vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    yes . I use a 3 tri 12.10. .... 3.7.or 14. When dry.short grass. I use 14khz . Now . Cus it wet 3 or 7 at the. Settings I sent . Sometimes I can had more gs . Or take some off. Swing slower
    all about what such says understanding why its falling. And what to adjust... Keep playing. . Vin

14. Mr Kurtz

Mr Kurtz AKA Novice

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) A-Gain
    Late in the day but I’ve found that Mars coil a big disappointment and would like to see it go head to head vs the AKA version. I’m forever trying to find the magic settings but its hard to balance and stability comes at a ridiculous cost in performance. Imo compared to the 6x10 20khz it’s a piece of junk.

15. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    Never too late Mr Kurtz. That's what threads are all about, adding ongoing information so we all benefit

I've never tried anything but AKA original coils. I have a few coils that we could always get together and see the difference. Would be fun and good to see you again.

@Mr Kurtz Did you know that Dean is back from Australia??? 'Detecting through the ages' he calls himself now. On Facebook.