First look at the New Wire-Free Pro Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by Sven, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Sven

Sven AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    9:11 PM
    These are not on the shelves yet.
    Did get a sample in today to try out.
    First impressions they look great. Put them on my noggin which they fit perfectly, covering my ears
    and are super comfortable.

Will report back on them later as I have lots to take care of this afternoon.

wirefreehead%20large_zpsptpymhj6.jpg

2. nigel westwood

nigel westwood Iron Lord

Address:
    Great Wyrley, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    2:11 AM
    they look nice and comfy sven .
    just got me some predator excelsior headphones and i love them . i dont care if wires are a pain ,they sure sound good hooked up to a machine.

3. MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    They look bulky and heavy, are they lighter than the size and style suggests Sven?

4. TS
    TS
    Sven

Sven AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Headset weighs about 11 oz., about the weight of any wired headset

5. MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Cool thats light enough for anyone.

6. LUPUS

LUPUS "AKA France" Group Moderator Staff Member

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    3:11 AM
    First Name:
    LUPUS
    image.jpeg image.jpeg hi I just took a helmet Steepletone sch 1190 on Amazon it works great with my Sorex without delay but against my Teknetics G2 sound is saturated I bought 45 euro
    From England

7. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Address:
    London, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    They look very promising Sven. Look forward to how you rate them.:Music:

8. Mr Kurtz

Mr Kurtz AKA Novice

Address:
    Bath, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    I would like to hear how you get on with these. I bought the same make and three sets of headphones, sadly the transmitter turns off after about 2 minutes even with the Sorex constantly transmitting chatter:(

9. MrBeasley

MrBeasley AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    I keep seeing these pop up on Ebay and they are a bargain if they work well.

10. TS
    TS
    Sven

Sven AKA Sectarian

Address:
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Did get out for a few hours, found a schoolyard with some softer ground areas to do some plugging, the place I had planned on hunting was being used by baseball players. Ended up at one of my so-so favored places just down the road. I named Canslaw City. There's only two detectors I found that can navigate thru this place finding more coins than canslaw--Deteknix Quest and White's IDX. Because I wanted to test the new wireless Deteknix headphones I grabbed the FS2 with 5" coil . After 2.5 hours had a pouch crammed with canslaw from small to large pcs. Only about 8 coins for my effort, a lousy $1.35.

For those who want to know about the new Wire-Free Pro headphones.
    They are very comfortable. Audio is not as treble- harsh as some wired metal detector headphones, a bit softer in sound.
    I didn't notice any lag but did notice some static his after sweeping across a target. It was a second of static that sounded like a microphone hiss after
    keying a CB microphone. You could hear it in the back ground just after the coil passes over a target. The headphones I have, are a pre-production unit, software is still being worked on at the factory before release to eliminate the hiss. Mind you its not bad, just not what everyone is used to hearing. It actually can be a good indicator of trash as I noticed yesterday. The bigger the canslaw and if it was closer to the surface, you got the hiss. Smaller canslaw, maybe no hiss unless you swept the coil across the target fast. Some surface targets, coins and other trinkets included with a standard narrow good target response provided a hiss. Deeper coin targets or other targets in general provided no hiss. With the FS2, the hiss provided an indicator of the target being trash or a surface target, if your detectors overload target response did not sound off. As a side note when bench testing some other detectors, the hiss was less or almost non-existant. I am going to let a club member and his son test the headphones as they have several different detectors. Also, would like to mention, few commented about the large amount of excess headphone cross-over wire between the ear cups and headband that could get snagged on things.
    Please remember my pair was pre-production. I solved that problem with a pc. of headshrink tubing to attach the wire to the headband ear cup frame. And shoved the excess wire under the snap-on head band cover. Similar fashion to the Grey Ghosts etc.

Each ear cup has a waterproof, o-ring sealed cap that covers the charging plug jack . The other side has a jack for a 3.5mm headphone plug and cord, kind of nifty if you want to go wired and plug into any audio device. Don't know but maybe you can have the headset working wireless with your detector and listen to your MP3 music player or keep your cell-phone on stand by......dunno....:rolleyes:

By, the way. I did hook up the transmitter to the Quest Pro. Used the wired headphone adapter cable to see how they would work compared to the standard wireless headphones supplied with it. Went this route as iI didn't know if the WF pros could be paired directly to the Quest. Worked fine, they are more comfy.

Extra note on findings.

A right angle plug on the transmitter and right angle 1/4" to 1/8" adapter would be better than straight plugs for most detectors, especially for those with headphone jacks on the side of the control box like Fishers, Teknetics ..........................On the FS2 which has a jack set up like the two detectors mentioned the the transmitter straight plug and wire really sticks out the side way too much, just waiting to get snagged or damaged.
    ======================
    I did try them out on the Berkut, they sound and work really well. But, the audio of the Turtle Beach X32 wireless I normally used are vastly superior in sound. If you didn't have a pair of X32's to compare the Wire-free to, you may have thought they were excellent sounding and be happy with the audio.
    wfr1.jpg

wf2.jpg

wf3.jpg

11. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Address:
    London, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Excellent write up Sven.
    Like the model:Biggrin: