• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА на русском языке!

Fallen soldier

Discussion in 'War Relic Hunting' started by pasadete, Sep 6, 2019.

1. pasadete

pasadete Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    2:11 AM
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    This is a continuation of the 105 HE thread, so far I kept silent on this issue by a verbal agreement that has been broken by government officials in a disgusting way.

I will expand the subject, for now I leave some photos of the day I found the fallen soldier and will upload content and explanations.

March 23, 2019

Republican soldier killed between December 3 and 4, 1939, possibly hit by shrapnel on the left side of the face (shattered). Age between 17 and 20 years according to the welds of the skull and the bones of the knees. Buried machine gun trench in fetal position with head down.

Objects found in the pit are a tin of canned sardines, several empty magazines 7.62x54R mosin nagant, a tube of toothpaste, ammo cases and pieces of leather belonging to the boots and military equipment.

photo_2019-09-06_11-37-34.jpg

photo_2019-09-06_11-37-37.jpg

9 April 2019

Rural Agents and ADC (Metal Detection Association of Catalonia) are notified of the findings ...

(to be continue)

Rew likes this.
  2. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Never trust goverment

Rew and pasadete like this.
  3. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    1:11 AM
    Can not wait to your continued story. Very good pasadete

4. TS
    TS
    pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    9 April 2019

Rural Agents and ADC (Metal Detection Association of Catalonia) are notified of the findings ...

The president of ADC is an archaeologist, we partially open the pit and take some pictures before the rural agents arrive.
    When observing the skull the sutures of the bones of the neck are not yet welded; the bones of the knee are not welded either, the teeth are white and without cavities, because of the size of the tibia and fibula it seems that it is a male of about 17 to 19 years and a height of 1.65 to 1.68 meters. It has a deep wound on the right side of the skull parietal and temporal area, the bone of that area has disappeared as well as half of the jaw and all the teeth on the left side. It has no bullet entry hole or shrapnel remains, it is likely that a large piece of shrapnel hit his face causing instant death.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-07 at 14.44.03.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-07 at 14.44.25(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-07 at 14.44.25(2).jpeg

The Rural Agents arrived (same pics of 105HE post)

photo_2019-04-07_16-50-11.jpg photo_2019-04-07_16-50-16.jpg

We should have called the police TEDAX (explosives deactivation technicians) but due to the friendship of the ADC president with a rural agent it was decided that they would report to the police and notify us when the soldier's excavation was to be carried out . (ERROR 404! SuchMuch said: "Never trust goverment")
    The agents did their job and we went to have a beer and some tapas

Historic context

It is not normal to find dead soldiers in Spain, there was no first or second world war here and the total dead of the civil war was about 500,000 (few compared to 72 million of the Second World War) and most were buried in graves on the battlefield or in nearby cemeteries. They did not carry dog tag so their identification is almost impossible, if they were lucky and were buried by their fellows and recognizable they would put a bottle on their feet with their name on a paper but if it was the enemy or the countrymen who buried them the most common was to remove the military equipment and bury them in a trench or bomb hole.

This young soldier belonged to the so-called "Quinta del Biberón", (feeding bottle recruits), were called up in September 1938 with 16 - 17 years and after 1 month of rapid training sent to the front (or to the slaughterhouse according to my opinion ).
    He was assigned to the 38th Mixed Brigade of the Republican Army, 72 Division, VII Army Corps.

On December 23, 1938, the Franco offensive began and the 38th Mixed Brigade was overwhelmed and decimated by the 84th National Assault Division in the town of Camarasa. For a week they retreat fighting 15kms for the Artesa de Segre road. On January 3, 1939 they are defending the Serra Alta heighs that protect the Artesa de Segre road, at 10 AM the fog clears ,german He111 bombers attack the entire area, after bombers the artillery goes into action attacking positions for 1 hour. Towards noon a battalion of the 84th National Division attacks the Serra Alta by the South while another battalion of the 82nd Division does it by the Northeast in an enveloping movement, there was hardly any resistance, few shots , some hand grenades threw and the remains of the 38 Brigade Mixed retreat to the west, only the deads remain.

After the fight and fall of Artesa de Segre the next day the dead are buried, the young soldier is picked up; rifle, helmet, ammunition and leashes are removed, he is quickly buried in a trench of machine guns, stones on top of his body so that the animals do not dig up it and some shovels of earth. There he stayed for 80 years 3 months and 5 days.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-07 at 14.44.25.jpeg

pasadete "the smoker" and a member of ADC propaganda photo :Rolleyes:

Rew, Tristezza and SuchMuch like this.
  5. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    As far as I understand the story has not ended...

6. TS
    TS
    pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    No, is "in progress"

Part 3 : The government is the enemy

Rew, Tristezza and SuchMuch like this.
  7. Tristezza

Tristezza AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFD Pro (2.06)
    the dramatic thing is the death of a nineteen year old. I can't look for war material .....

SuchMuch and pasadete like this.
  8. TS
    TS
    pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    Part 3 : The government is the enemy

After months of Administrative silence on September 6, I receive a call from the ADC president: "They have dig up the dead soldier and have not given us notice" the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat) has carried out the excavation.

Only Registered Users Can See Links.

The news is in all the newspapers, the photos of the politician assuming all the merits are praised by all ... but nobody says who and how he found it, it does not interest politically.

There is an obvious anger, we have felt cheated. The president of ADC without hesitation calls the press office of the Generalitat; they apologize because nobody informed him of who found it, they don't know ADC and the rural agents don't know anything either. They inform us that the excavation is still underway but that the news is published and cannot be modified. Sectarian journalists with ass sitting in office ... no comments.

I call the chief of rural agents, he tells me that no one informed them of anything, but it is normal that they do not call us because when we found that soldier we had to dig and that is “archaeological prospecting” and that is punishable (a threat? Yes ).

Monday 9 September

The president of the ADC and I go to the site of the excavation, there is no one, just a canvas with tools. We are 1 hour waiting for archaeologists but nobody comes, just 4 meters from the excavation we find an inkwell and a gas mask filter (bullshit archaeologists, they don't even look around the hole). Bored we go to the site where the 100mm artillery shells were, they are gone, but nobody informed us either.

We go to the town hall of Foradada, the mayor is not there but they attend us correctly: the order and the assembly came "from above", from the Generalitat without warning and with urgent demands ... the origin of the evil is outlined ... They inform us that next time we will notify them directly, because that kind of thing takes them with more dignity and interest them, since "those who are above" only come to take the photo for the press (AMEN).

We finally decided to go to the best place: the Bar, some tapas and some beers while we talked about why there are so many nasty politicians in this country.
    In summary: the news reached the government, the government ignored everyone (town hall, police, central government, ADC, me and rural agents) appropriating the soldier, called the press and on a fleeting visit with photo and box included they put the medals themselves in addition to politicizing the entire act. Result: DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT!

The thread is still on, will we receive any calls? Will someone delete the phrase "the government" and change it to "a detectorist"? , I doubt it a lot but still I think I have done what I should, with a little luck and DNA someone will someday find the family of this poor unknown soldier.

END, until new data

mschmahl, Rew and SuchMuch like this.
  9. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Well, you found forgotten soldjier and that means a lot!
    Next time do it the right way.

If I ever find a soldjier I would inform good guys involved into war relic hunting and I would never deal with officials at all.

Do you want to do it the right way, avoid the system (goverment).

Rew and pasadete like this.
  10. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    1:11 AM
    A fantastic insight into how the system works. A Great read pasadete, so well written. Had me glued all the way through the story.

Tristezza, SuchMuch and pasadete like this.
  11. TS
    TS
    pasadete

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rosendo
    Signum:
    MFD (2.06)
    thanks guys ;)

Rew and Tristezza like this.
  12. Tristezza

Tristezza AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFD Pro (2.06)
    I hope the government will give a fallen burial to the fallen soldier..

Bravo Pasadete

pasadete likes this.