• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА на русском языке!

CAN sorex pro match or beat the DEUS

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by vint1, Nov 11, 2016.

1. vint1

vint1 AKA Master Supporter

Local Time:
    12:48 PM
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    HI all , been on another forum , a question asked , can the sorex pro or MFD match or beat the DEUS , i say yes for the pro , cant say for the MFD , never used , why i think yes , i go deeper , same speed , i know now how to run very well , and i am asked many times by deus boys , what do you think of that is vinny ie target , and 9 times out of 10 the pro is right .. so in my eyes my pro with me using it will match or beat the deus in most situations ... bit ppppppp offf , a member just laughed at what i think , come on lads your views ,,, i never used a deus , so i will not bash it ,,,, i do know what my machine can do .... vinny

2. redwulf500

redwulf500 AKA Novice

Local Time:
    hi i have not got a deus, but will the sorex pick a victoria halfpenny up at a measured 11inch deep in the ground. i have one buried in a local grass field as a test..red

3. TS
    TS
    vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    yes , i have done , i was on a rally at the weekend all deus , only me with my pro .lol my mate had a13 inch coil on his deus , could not pick up a brass ring i found at nearly 13 inch , clear digable signal ,2 way , i had a small round blip on my holograph to the right , i was using a 12.9 inch 14 khz ... also 7 worn old coins , all he dug was small iron , alumin, pull tabs , the pro will tell you .. once learnt ,,,,, vinny
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2016 ---
    RED can you hit it ? ......

Closedgroove likes this.
  4. redwulf500

redwulf500 AKA Novice

Local Time:
    hi yes i get it loud and clear with my bulgarian detector with the 11inch coil and the 15inch, but my gmp with 11inch coil does not.

5. TS
    TS
    vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    what machine is that mt , do you run a AKA at all ?

6. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    MFD is more sharp than S-Pro and requires more precise tuning.

E.g.:
    Signum equipped with 6"x10"@20 kHz. Economy Mode on. Running flat
    Sorex Pro equipped with 6"x10"@20 kHz. Economy Mode off. Running flat

Both produced equal depth on the same low conductor (medieval white bronze ring).
    Do you feel the difference in set up? Signum is abnormally powerful.

My mates are hunting with Deus... :Biggrin:

1. I'm too often asked by Deus to recheck signals in order safe Deus time from pointless digging of rusted stuff. Usually these iffy signals are deeply rusted irons (nails and other small rusted stuff). Hodoshapes provide clear picture every time. Deus doesn't have such channel of information at all. It's like be able to hear but being blind at the same time.
    Conclusion: Deus is poor on identifying deeply rusted irons

2. I asked Deus several times to check deep signals with really short hodolines. Deus was not able to detect those objects at all.
    AKA was equipped with 13" high frequency coil, Deus was equipped with stock 11" coil running high frequency.
    Conclusion: Right size + right frequency matters! It's a Deus problem it has no large coil :Mocking:. By fact Deus has large ellipse but it's a chatty one and could be run on low settings with no depth or with depth equal to depth produced by stock 11" coil :Facepalm:

3. I pointed Deus to signals those correspond with valuable low conductors (VDI +5...+15). Deus told it was iron and that such signals aren't subject to be dug out at all. AKA was equipped with 13"@18 kHz, Deus was equipped with 8" stock coil running high frequency.
    Conclusion: Right size + right frequency really matters!

To sum it all up, I'm happy my mates are hunting with Deus machines :Support:. But there is a clever one, who sold his Garret AT Pro and bought Signum MFT :Scare3:

Closedgroove likes this.
  7. redwulf500

redwulf500 AKA Novice

Local Time:
    no its a blisstool v3 not everones cup of tea but its deep on pasture, but a pain eslewhere. i am trying to find a deeper detector to go over this field before its built on, i found a viking penny on it with the bliss.i thought a aka might bring some more finds up, so not a aka owner yet. ..red

8. TS
    TS
    vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    thanks such , iam glad iam not the only one who knows the pro will match and beat the DEUS .. i cannot speak about the MFD mt , dont own one ... vinny
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2016 ---
    red , i have a back up machine , deeptech rg 1000 , deep ,fast easy set up .. on my test bed can it a £1 COIN AT 12INCH ,,, SHARP CRISP SIGNAL , not bad for a machine that cost me £150 ,,, not a patch on the pro , but a very good back up ,,, i do like the overseas detectors , well underated .. vinny

9. MarkuSorex

MarkuSorex AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    I have a 10 € cent piece buried in my garden close to iron. It lays 22cm deep in the soil which was farmland 40 years ago. Deus with 9" Coil can barely give me a digable signal no matter what program/frequiency).

Sorx Pro with 10x6 @14khz gives a borderline but digable signal.
    MM
    Sens 15
    Threshold 13
    Gain 5

Why gain 5? Because signal gets very bad at gain 6. Noticed this behaviour a few times before.

But recently i bought another machine with 9" coil which gives a way better signal on the coin. But with that unit i dig more thrash than with the Sorex.

My conclusion is: Sorex can beat Deus but other detectors can beat Sorex aswell. There is no best machine out on the market. There are a lot of very good machines. Its all about what you can come along with.

Markus

10. TS
    TS
    vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    yes , markus , iam with you on that ,there is no best machine out there , my question was , is the pro in some ways better than the deus , i feel YES ,, for your money the pro is up there with a deus , at half the cost . i like to try other less well known machines , some of the bulgarian machines are crude ,but perform very well in most areas , thanks vinny

11. MarkuSorex

MarkuSorex AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    For the Money the Sorex is a beast. But one thing i do not like about the Sorex and the Bulgarian machines ist that they are sensitive to stones. The Stones are a bit green and give a high +85 on Sorex. They give no signal on the Pin Point mode.

On the Bulgarian machines they have a high tone aswell but a strange WHEEEEEWOOOOO sound.

I have a lot of fields here which are stacked with these stones. And here comes the Deus handy because it does not see the stones. Which results in a quiet machine. And that is how i like my machine. When it only sounds off at real targets you will cover way more ground than checking every second signal if it is a stone or a real signal.

So for the stone polluted fields Deus
    For everything else i prefer my Sorex.

Cheers Markus

12. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Choose right frequency. It's a peculiarity of frequency rather than a peculiarity of metal detector. Get it equipped with low frequency coil or cut zone from +85 till +90 with discrimination feature and proceed hunting with high frequency coil. I do hunt on grounds badly polluted with hot rocks, pls check thread "13"@18 kHz Coil and Hot Rocks". There is another thread worth to read: "GS (Ground Signal) Filter & GS (Ground Signal) Zone", part Practical GS Zone Usage
    Do you know how does it happen Deus doesn't see hot rocks? They cut entire sector close to a ground!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  13. MarkuSorex

MarkuSorex AKA Sectarian

Local Time:
    I have no idea why the Deus does not pick up these rocks. No matter what program or frequency i use.

I tried GS Filter and it heldped a bit but not for all rocks. They are visible for the S-Pro at 7kHz and at 15kHz.

14. Ringmoney

Ringmoney AKA Veteran

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Niall
    Any point in my opinion on this one?

15. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Then worth to check these threads:
    Picking up finds with AKA Detectors after XP Deus
    Electromechanical Stability of Coils, Falsings and Deep Targets

Pls note above threads reveal what are the differences between AKAs and XP Deus/other brand metal detectors. Does this mean AKA detectors suite everybody? Definitely no. Those who practice switch-and-go detecting should rather stick to XP/Minelab etc.

Can XP Deus be a competitor to AKAs? Sometimes yes, if XP Deus detectorist is experienced one and set up his deus via engineering menu. How many of you set up deus via engineering menu? No one? :Biggrin:

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 12, 2016 ---
    What is yr point on what one? :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  16. Ringmoney

Ringmoney AKA Veteran

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Niall
    My thoughts on this one. Without doubt the AKA's are deeper than the Deus. They are both as fast as each other. Where the Deus excels is that it is a lot better at unmasking around iron.

17. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Subject to be discussed :)

There are no doubts deus is great on trashy sites, but no small coils (5"/6") are produced for it :Pardon:. Signum equipped with 6" or 5" coil, set correctly and with RTM99 sound scheme will perform better than deus :Pleasantry:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 12, 2016 ---
    How many of you own 6" or 5" high frequency coil?

18. Ringmoney

Ringmoney AKA Veteran

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Niall
    My opinion = Vin1 I think it is pointless asking this sort of question on this forum.

19. SuchMuch

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    It's not pointless to ask different questions and share different opinions on this forum.

I'm really not impressed with performance of XP Deus and results my deus mates have. And I really cannot understand why do they spent lots of money on machine that performs worse than Sorex Pro. That's my opinion. I will change it once I'm beaten by a Deus hunter. Lol.

20. TS
    TS
    vint1

Local Time:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    Ring I asked the question . because I was called a liar , on how me and my pro can perform , on another forum , I know a certain person works for deus , I don't work for aka , only my views, but if everyone wants to join the deus gang like sheep , why is it i am getting deeper , more good targets, no rubbish , and asked to see , what you think that target is , and save myself a lot of money ..vinny