Big VDI Numbers and Depth Meter Questions For Sorex Pro

Discussion in 'Sorex Pro' started by sullivan2002, Mar 2, 2019.

1. sullivan2002

sullivan2002 AKA Novice

Address:
    Pisa, Italy
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    7:08 AM
    First Name:
    sullivan
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    I have to disappoint the Sorex Pro for some things, but expecially for the Target ID that is very little in a corner and always I have to turn my head to see and generally I have many difficult when I have also the cover put on the metal detector. If there is, THE TARGET ID MUST BE BIG TO BE SEEN. Hope Aka staff could see what I mean. Look at the other metal detectors... OK OK maybe they wanted to favor the holographic chart but they could make it possible to show the very large ID for a few seconds or to put it in another position, for example on the right of the most visible display. What about the depht indicator? I've never seen it. Shame cause this metal detector is a beautiful and complete metal detector and I would have liked to see improvements with updates

2. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Address:
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    8:08 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Exactly. No need to stick to VDIs since AKA's VDIs are normalized (different VDIs on the same target at different depths). Pay attention to the angle of Hodograph line, it's equal to the angle/VDI.

Sorex 7281 has such option as large VDI screen, but it's used to be produced with Russian language only.

Check threads:

sullivan2002 likes this.
  3. TS
    TS
    sullivan2002

sullivan2002 AKA Novice

Address:
    Pisa, Italy
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    First Name:
    sullivan
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    Yes I know the angle of course, there are months I use it but it's not the same. If I see 72 or 65 or 82 maybe the angle is in the same position at my eyes not looking in front of the display but while I use the metal detector.
    Different was if I could see a big number (also for 2 seconds) in order to understand if it is 72 or 65 or 82.

4. SuchMuch

Address:
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Coin laying on the edge will hit +65 and the very same coin laying flat will produce +82. Length of hodoline also indicates the strength of signal. Hodo shape and size are the keys for understanding if it's worth to dig target out or not.

sullivan2002 likes this.
  5. Lesnik

Lesnik AKA Novice

Address:
    Moscow, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Signum:
    MFT (2.06)
    Also other metal objects (iron trash) near a coin will change coin's VDI shown on a display.

Romulus, Tristezza and SuchMuch like this.
  6. TS
    TS
    sullivan2002

sullivan2002 AKA Novice

Address:
    Pisa, Italy
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    First Name:
    sullivan
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    But VDI if exist, must be seen easily. That's my opinion looking to a lot of metal detectors I had in the past (about 10 metal detectors) and now (I use now 3 metal detectors). Look at Minelab Equinox, there is a good display ok but ID numbers are very good seen. Sometimes with Aka Sorex Pro Cover I couldn't see any numbers that are very little and put in a bad position, on the left. Maybe on the right was better and maybe in the center was better too, they could do a firmware change in order to see that ID big for two seconds maybe. Ok ID is not important for someone but if there are is better. I don't care people who says: Only the tone is just enough. To detect a target if you have more info is BETTER that's my point of view. I have also Minelab Excalibur that has only sound of targets but is not the best but in the sea could be enough.

7. SuchMuch

Address:
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Model Sorex 7281 has a video mode with big VDI numbers, but this detector is produced with menu in Russian only

8. Kirian

Kirian AKA Novice Supporter

Address:
    Hamburg, Germany
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    For me, the Hodograf o.k. I like it
    But I think the best solution would be a bigger screen for all information. Example> the desighn of x-terra is out of date and the Equinox is state-of-the-art.
    .:Bye2: