AKA Intronik STF Beta Edition First Impressions / Tester Fokyc

Discussion in 'Intronik STF' started by SuchMuch, Oct 6, 2018.

1. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Address:
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    8:09 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    AKA Intronik STF Beta Edition was sold to 7(?) experienced AKA hunters to be tested on different grounds and in different conditions. INK Beta Edition includes 2 STF DD coils running 1,7 kHz and 14 kHz at once: 9,5"x12,5" and 15". Release date is 30th of September, 2018

First of all, let me say some words about Fokyc. He is considered to experienced AKA hunter, he used to hunt with Garrett ACE, Sorex Pro, now he hunts with Signum MFD Pro. His specialization is high conductors mostly. He tested MFD's DEEP Mode and now he tests Intronik STF.

Fokyc:

***qte***
    Menu Layout.
    Menu is user friendly, it reminds some kind of Sorex menu: Main Menu on a single click and Additional Menu on a long pressed click. It's easy to remember all functions locations.

The problem I faced is some new parameters completely unknown to me and understanding them without manual (SuchMuch's Remark: manual is yet released) requires learning curve with Zemleroyk. There is a huge amount of new information to memorize and it's not possible to do it at once. So I do not recommend to start studying Intronik STF Beta version if you are far away from Moscow or you cannot visit AKA in Moscow to clarify yr questions. Even now, after learning curve with Zemleroyk, I'm causious to tweak some parameters, once I have played a lot with them at testing hole and understood what effects they bring, I'll be ready to adjust some parameters. More over, Zemleroyk told some pure engineering parameters will be hidden in engineering menu later, so it will be easy to study Intronik for new comers.

Hunting with Intronik.
    By fact, you can hunt with no issues even paying less attention to filters if Gain is on low, metal detector AKA Intronik STF will be silent and comfortable and still be able to produce 20-30 cms in ground on 5 Kopecks USSR. Gain could adjusted withing range 0...60.

I decided to start with Gain just on 40 (of 60 possible) at the testing field that is well known to me: Signum starts to false there only if Gain on 10, ST on 12 and WS Volume is on maximum - almost light ground. How was naive me... 30 minutes later Zemleroyk looking at my disappointed face pointed me that Gain on 40 is a level for DEEP Mode!

At testing hole I figured out that:
    Coil 9,5"x12,5", Gain on 20 produces 50 cms!!! on 1 ruble Ekaterina 2 (SuchMuch Remark: large silver coin, high conductor. Diameter: 39 mm. Weight: 24 grams) with good ID and stable hodographs. Signum MFD equipped with 15"@3 kHz was able just to provide RT sound with rare iron sound. So, make your own mind how powerful Intronik is.

All these days I was hunting with INK equipped with 15" DD STF coil. 2 days were spent at testing hole with 1-2 hours of practical hunting, the rest 2 days I hunted withing 20 hours totally with speriodic visits to testing hole. Well, detector Intronik is very capable on small stuff, I was fed up with shrapnel, lots of small non ferrous broken parts of some old stuff. Hammies were present in my finds as well. I hunted mostly the spots houses used to stay. These spots were hunted to death and bulldozer shifted upper ground layers, so some parts of spots were badly polluted with iron, some parts were just pollute.

Intronik vs Signum.
    3 guys with Signums were hunting at field when I had learning curve with Zemleroyk. One of them was roaming nearby in order to figure out what kind of machine INK is. It must be mentioned, this guy with a Signum is experienced one.

INK did no mistakes whatever targets we compared with Signum. Once I played a stupid trying to "pull" iffy signal into non ferrous zone, it was an iron. Well, finally I figured out that INK does no mistakes with current power output and sufficient signal strength. Yes, sometimes metal detector AKA Intronik STF produces non ferrous sound and 2 SFT hodographs are straight lines, but Delta hodograph withing D-number (SuchMuch Remark: В number does not change on target whatever depth it's laid at or even tested in air) never lie.
    To sum all up, all iffy signals or weak signals with straight hodo lines turned out rusted or cast iron with Signum, INK was perfect on iding subject targets. But there were non ferrous signals Signum failed to pick up, but INK succeeded.
    At test hole Signum was far behind INK as well. Signum was run at peak of performance whilst INK was set to 1/4 - 1/3 of it's power output

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    miguel vicente, youdig and redwulf500 like this.
  2. TS
    TS
    SuchMuch

SuchMuch Administrator Staff Member

Address:
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    8:09 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) Ultra
    Here you are the video with Intronik at trashy site filmed by Fokyc:

3. Tragac

Tragac AKA Veteran

Address:
    Tahlequah, United States
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    7:09 AM
    First Name:
    Tragac
    thank you on shared video snd efforts on Aka tester ....
    is it better way to record similar videos ,to see clearly what is on display
    fixed camera on display or ....

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. youdig

youdig AKA Novice

Address:
    Paris (15th arrondissement of Paris), France
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    7:09 AM
    yes but it require an action cam with a go pro mount , and apparently the tester just got a regular camcorder.

SuchMuch likes this.
  5. vint1

vint1 AKA Master Supporter

Address:
    London, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    6:09 AM
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00)
    Good effort .thanks

6. Rew

Rew Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Address:
    London, United Kingdom
    Location on Map:
    Local Time:
    6:09 AM
    Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

vint1 likes this.